Laser Facial Resurfacing Lakeland
If you are tired of looking in the mirror and seeing wrinkles, scars, blotches, or lines on your face, laser facial resurfacing is right for you. Laser resurfacing is a procedure used to rejuvenate your face and slow the signs of aging by removing the outer layers of skin with a laser.
During the procedure, a pulsating beam of light is directed at the areas of irregular skin, which are then vaporized. As the skin heals, it forms new cells and promotes the growth of collagen fibers. This process helps to smooth and tighten the surface of your face, eliminating most blemishes and wrinkles. So, before you try one of those expensive anti-aging creams or harsh chemical peels, you’ll want to consider Laser Facial Resurfacing in Lakeland.
Who is a Candidate for Laser Resurfacing?
Laser facial resurfacing is used in the treatment of numerous skin conditions. Here is a list of its most popular applications:
- Wrinkles, fine lines, and loose skin. While laser therapy is not a miracle cure for wrinkles and lines on your face, it’s certainly an effective anti-aging treatment. In addition, it reduces skin laxity, or loose skin, by tightening the skin in the treated area. After undergoing the rejuvenating skin process, patients can expect a drastic reduction in skin irregularities.
- Acne scars and pockmarks. Laser treatment is a great way to reduce acne scars, such as those caused by pockmarks. Once the existing layers of skin have been removed, the new skin will have a much smoother and uniform appearance.
- Dark spots, skin spots, and uneven pigmentation. Laser resurfacing is one of the most powerful treatments for removing skin spots, such as dark spots, brown spots, and sunspots while maintaining the overall tone. This type of uneven skin pigmentation, known as hyperpigmentation, commonly plagues older adults, especially those who suffer from sun damage caused by excessive sun exposure.
- Stretch marks and scars. Whether they are caused by weight loss or pregnancy, there is no denying that stretch marks are unsightly. If you are tired of hiding your stretch marks, you will want to consider one of the most effective treatments available: laser skin therapy. Laser treatment will help even out the skin covering the scarred area, matching it with the appearance of the surrounding skin tone.
What Laser Platform Does DayDreams Use?
DayDreams uses the Sciton laser platform at its Lakeland location, which is THE top of the line laser currently on the market. With this laser, we are able to perform a number of laser-based treatments including BBL resurfacing, BBL for acne, laser peels, and Halo resurfacing.
Preparing for Laser Facial Resurfacing
Before undergoing laser facial resurfacing, a healthcare provider will meet with you at our Lakeland, FL, clinic to address any concerns you may have. During this consultation, the practitioner will review your personal and medical history, and based on the information provided will develop a treatment plan.
In addition, the healthcare provider will do a physical examination of your skin to ensure that you are a suitable candidate for laser therapy. Several factors affect your eligibility, such as skin density and skin tone. However, these issues do not prevent candidates from undergoing treatment in most cases. Lastly, the nurse may want to discuss why you are seeking laser treatment and the expectations you have. In this way, they can aid in deciding if facial resurfacing is the right choice for you.
Laser facial resurfacing is completed as an outpatient treatment with little to no downtime. Before starting the procedure, the nurse will wash the area and apply a topical anesthetic to reduce any pain caused by the Broad Band Light spectrum coming from the laser.
- During the resurfacing procedure. The technician will laser peel the outer layers of the skin’s surface. For minor irregularities, such as skin spots and stretch marks, the treatment process is about 30 minutes once numbing has set in. If larger areas, like the whole face, are being resurfaced, the process can take up to an hour or longer.
- After the resurfacing procedure, your skin may appear red and swollen, especially under the eyes, and have a mild sunburn sensation. This is a normal reaction. It can last from a few hours to days after treatment. A cold compress or ice pack will usually alleviate any discomfort. Makeup may be applied immediately after the treatment as long as skin integrity has not been compromised.
The Healing Phase
Your healthcare practitioner will go over what is to be expected and you will be provided with detailed post care instructions. This will entail avoiding any sun exposure to the treated area for a minimum of 7 days and limiting sun exposure for up to three months after treatment. The treated area is more prone to sunburn and pigmentation change. You will need to keep the area covered and to use a sunblock with a protection factor of 30+. Cleaning the area is also very important. Some skin may shed and this is okay. This simply means that new, fresh, and rejuvenated skin is coming through!
There may be some downtime after your procedure depending on the specific treatment chosen and the area on the body resurfaced. This can range from zero downtime to up to 3-5 days. Your healthcare provider will inform you of what you can expect each day following the procedure.
The Results Are In
The good news is that you may notice results in as little as 2-5 days! The effects of the therapy may last up to several years, but we do suggest yearly maintenance visits.
For general inquiries regarding laser facial resurfacing or to learn more about the other services we offer, such as laser hair removal, please call our FL phone number, and we will be glad to assist you.
Any question or remarks? Just write us a message!
1463 Town Center Dr. Lakeland, FL 33803